What is Anxiety? How we can help you overcome it.
It is normal to experience anxiety from time to time. It is a symptom of stress. In some cases, anxiety can actually be useful and life-saving. For instance, anxiety can alert you that something is bothering you, that you are overwhelmed and/or that you are ill and in need of medical attention. However, when your anxiety starts to control your life and interfere with your daily functioning, it can be detrimental to your emotional, psychological and physical health. If you are experiencing acute and/or chronic anxiety, Minds For The Future psychologists can help reduce your anxiety attacks so that you can function at an optimal level.
Signs & Symptoms
- Feelings of Fear and/or Defenseless
- A Sense of Impending Danger/Doom
- An Accelerated Heart Rate
- Rapid Breathing and/or Shortness of Breath
- Sweating and/or Trembling
- Health Conditions
- Drugs and/or Alcohol
- Childhood Trauma
- Bullying, Peer Pressure and/or Intimidation